Journal revisited is a three part series where I go over old journal pages and re capture the rawness and expression that went into them, to loosely guide others to release, feel and find strength through journaling.
I want to be free is a two page spread made up of magazine pages, some colour and writing, it’s purpose was to highlight qualities and things I wanted to attain. This brought them into focus and from the surface magic happened!
Materials to make these pages:
- Paper or journal
- Coloured crayons or pencils
- A pen
- Go through magazines and pick out pictures you like and represent something to you, whether it be smiling faces, a loved up couple, a new phone etc. I also chose a bigger picture to have as my main focus.
- On one page stick down images in a collage style, put a bigger image on the other page.
- Write something next to each small picture such as ‘independent’, ‘strong’, ‘busy’, ‘happy’.
- Somewhere around the bigger picture put I want to be…. then finish the sentence with whatever you want to attain.
- Add your favourite colours to any blank space and it’s done!
You’ll be surprised at what does come into being since doing your pages, I did this at a time where I definitely did not feel free or independent and slowly but surely it’s happening for me!